The Marshall site has been identified as the swing site for Grant during the construction phase of the current building modernization. There will be a preview of Marshall on Saturday, Jan 11th from 10 am to 2 pm. Staff, parents and students are welcome to attend.
There are numerous questions from current and future Grant parents about what is going to happen under the 2012 School Building Improvement Bond at Grant, and when it will happen, with the voter-approved bond funds. Here is some current information:
• Grant High School design activities are currently estimated to begin in the summer of 2015. Design is a total of about 17 months, but it is the first 7 months where the entire community will be asked to participate in design workshops.
• If your child is going to be a freshman starting in September 2013, your child will graduate from Grant High School at 2245 NE 36th Avenue in June 2017.
• If your child is going to be a freshman starting in September 2014, 2015, or 2016, your child will begin high school at Grant High School at 2245 NE 36th Avenue, but will start in September 2017 at the interim site “swing site” yet to be determined. There will be a public conversation about interim site options early next year.
• If your child is in the graduating class of 2018 or 2019, your child will complete their high school career at the interim location, which will be called Grant High School while your child is in attendance.
• If your child is in the graduating class of 2020 or beyond, your child will graduate from the fully modernized Grant High School at 2245 NE 36th Avenue.